- NLM Databases and Electronic Resources - National Library of Medicine(NLM). National Institutes of Health (NIH). Exhaustive collection of medical/scientific resources.
- MedlinePlus –Health Information from the National Library of Medicine - Search “Health Topics,”“Drug Supplements,”“Videos and Cool Tools”and more.
- PubMed Central Homepage - National Library of Medicine (NLM). An archive of worldwide biomedical and life sciences journal literature.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention - Extensive collection of health resources.
- UpToDate Inc. - Comprehensive clinical resource covering Medicine,Pediatrics,OBGYN,and Surgery.
- eMedicine –Medical Reference - Comprehensive clinical resources covering Medicine,Pediatrics and Surgery.
- Medscape:Medical News,Full-text Journal Articles &More - Comprehensive clinical resource.
- Browse Databases all - HealthLinks. University of Washington,Seattle,WA. Comprehensive collection of health resources.
- healthfinder.gov –Your Source for Reliable Health Information - U.S. Department of Health &Human Services.
- Mayo Clinic medical information and tools for healthy living –MayoClinic.com - Excellent clinical resource.
- Disease Management Project –Chapter Index - The Cleveland Clinic. Excellent clinical resource.
- Health Library - The Kirklin Clinic Patient Resource Library. University of Alabama,Birmingham,AL
- Health information for the whole family —familydoctor.org - FamilyDoctor.org. American Academy of Family Physicians. Excellent educational/academic health resource.
- Welcome to NOAH Homepage - New York Online Access to Health. Comprehensive collection of health resources in English and Spanish.
- EasySearch:Databases A-Z - Karolinska Institutet University Library. Stockholm,Sweden. Comprehensive collection of health sciences databases.
- Health On the Net Foundation - Geneva,Switzerland. Comprehensive,multilingual database, Review HONsearch and more.
- THE MERCK MANUAL MEDICAL LIBRARY:The Merck Manual of Medical Information–Home Edition - Extensive clinical resource for patients and caregivers. There is also a professional edition.
- KOD HealthSheets –Health Library Collection –University of Minnesota Medical Center –Fairview Minneapolis,MN
Comprehensive collection of factsheets both in English and Spanish covering medical,surgical,discharge instructions and much more.
- Harrison’s Practice:Harrison’s Practice:Topics-A - The McGraw-Hill Companies –Comprehensive listing of 800+ clinical topics from A-Z,all evidence-based medicine supported. Some topics are free but entire access requires a subscription.
- Medpedia –Medpedia - An open platform connecting people and information to advance medicine worldwide. In association with Harvard Medical School,Stanford School of Medicine,UC Berkley School of Public Health and University of Michigan Medical School.
- THE MERCK MANUAL:The Merck Manual of Diagnosis and Therapy - for Healthcare Professionals –Comprehensive collection of medical resources.
- MD Consult - “MD Consult offers the most comprehensive information available in one convenient online resource. With instant access to full-text articles from over 80 medical journals and Clinics,50 leading medical references across a wide range of specialties,clinically relevant drug information,and over 13,000 patient handouts,MD Consult is truly all you need.” Free one month trial and then subscription required.
- AccessMedicine | Features - “AccessMedicine® from McGraw-Hill is an innovative online resource that provides students,residents,clinicians,researchers,and all health professionals with access to more than 60 medical texts from the best minds in medicine,updated content,thousands of images and illustrations,interactive Q &A,case files,diagnostic tools,a comprehensive search platform,and the ability to view and download content to a mobile device.
Updated frequently and expanded continuously by world-renowned physicians,AccessMedicine provides fast,direct access to the information necessary for completing evaluations,diagnoses,and case management decisions,as well as for pursuing research,medical education,or self-assessment and board review.”Subscription required for clinical information access.
STAT!Ref –The premier healthcare e-source - “SR Online allows you to chose from and cross-search 300 + titles many of which are included on Doody’s Core Title List (DCT). Combined with our many value-added resources such as MedCalc 3000 and Evidence Alerts,STAT!Ref Online is the go-to resource for anyone in the healthcare industry.”Free trial period available but requires a subscription.
Medical Specialties and Clinical Practice Topics:The New England Journal of Medicine - Comprehensive collection of clinical topic articles. Purchase or subscription required. -
Annals of Internal Medicine –Collections - Collection of clinical topic articles.- Purchase or subscription required.
Specialties | BMJ - British Medical Journal. Comprehensive collection of clinical topic articles. Purchase or subscription required.